09 September 2008

you know you love me,

OH MY GOD FINALLY. iTunes, the Internets, the Villa Rossa, and the Entire Fucking Universe finally conspire to work in my favor for thirty minutes. The final product? Both new episodes of Gossip Girl, downloaded onto my computer and into my life. OMG Jay McInerney. Tinsley fucking Mortimer (looked kind of like a zombie, if you ask me). This is going to be the best week, even if the bitches in my Ancient Art class could be the sixth and seventh children of Sarah Palin (wow, am I really that awful a person? Apparently. How long have I known that I am guaranteed a spot next to dear old Brutus in the afterlife? At least since the age of eleven.) and even if it's going to be 35 degrees on Friday when I have my first field study trip, to the marble quarries of Cararra, a.k.a. A BIG FUCKING ROCK PIT WITHOUT SHADE, I know that all is right in the world if Chuck Bass is part of my life. I miss New York summer. I miss cheap street food and getting lost everywhere. Inexplicably, I haven't gotten lost in Florence, yet. I miss shows that actually stop in this godforsaken city. Apparently, Florence is west bumfuck compared to Rome, Milan or even Bologna. Looking at fall concert schedules, people like M83, Duffy (shut up I think she's kind of cool) and Fleet Foxes are touring Italy, but only ever stopping in Rome or Milan. ALSO, Okkervil River is PLAYING IN BOLOGNA (a feasible distance away) but on the same weekend as a field study. The field study is a trip to Pisa scheduled for Saturday while Okkervil River is playing in Bologna on Friday night, which means that it is still kind of possible for me to go, but would necessitate some creative finagling of transportation, because the three cities are in a rough triangle with each other within Tuscany. More importantly, it means hoping & praying that the state-owned rail service doesn't strike that weekend, which it is apparently wont to do quite frequently. It's going to happen, though. It has to.

Tuesdays are my busy days, and even so I manage to have a three-hour break between my two classes in the morning and one in the afternoon. I am way looking forward to my upcoming class, which is a what is called a 'maxi-seminar' on Michelangelo, I suppose because the enrollment is capped at 25 instead of 15. The class and materials should be really interesting, though I am worried about the quality of people enrolled, somewhat. Does it make me a horrible person if whenever I overhear people discussing classes I am also enrolled in, I wonder "do I really want to deal with you in my class? Are you really going to say those things with a straight face?" Probably. C.f.: Sarah Palin references earlier. I am so, so going to hell. Speaking of hellfire and Southerners, this kid J.T., who is a architecture student at the University of Kentucky, has a voice and personality that is a dead ringer for Jack McBrayer/Kenneth the Page. I am actually kind of dreading the day I inevitably call him Kenneth by accident. Reason #254 why I am so glad no one from this program will (hopefully) ever find this blog. Otherwise, once again, oops.

Currently listening to: Jennifer O'Connor.

No comments: