25 December 2008

all things must past

so here we are. i'm home now, as you know. merry christmas, everyone. and this is the end of the blogging experiment. i thought that when i started "actually italy," describing a new environment would give me the confidence to write about myself. i've always had trouble with journaling, memoirs, etc. because of the inherently solipsistic nature of writing about yourself. it's just one of my too-many weird emotional hangups, i suppose. and that's the reason why i stopped writing here. i was afraid that my daily activities were (and they were) too mundane to be of interest to anyone, because they were too mundane to be of interest to me. paradoxically self-centered, i know. nevertheless, the end is the end and i have reached it. i'm really happy to be returning to wellesley and seeing all of my friends for second semester, especially the january visit of darling, 21-year old e.b. andersen bartels. for rory, rachel, emma, and e.b., best of luck to (the rest of) your time abroad. everyone else, thanks for listening.

No comments: