31 July 2008

looking forward:

If you happen to read the Sartorialist, you will understand my giddy anticipation of arriving in Florence. That blog will have you believing that Florence is crawling with nothing but nattily-dressed men and women of all ages, kitted out in impeccable haberdashery and most endearing knitwear. No amount of cloth sacrificed to the manpri will depress me as the hope of a man as dashing as this fellow lounging about the next corner will linger. I'm hoping to get at least a crash-course in analog photography before I leave and shilling around in piazzas, being That Foreign Creepster taking pictures of all the little old gentlemen in their straw boaters.

Also, these make me wish most desperately for outsize man's feet. Purple suede with tassels? Who could resist!?

No comments: