13 October 2008

Imbeciles. I'm Living Amongst Imbeciles.

Things That Have Actually Just Happened, or, "Overheard in the Syracuse Computer Lab."

"Is that how you spell Belgium?"
"Mussels in Brussels! Hahaha, that is so funny!!!"
"How you do you say Bruges? Broo-jes? Bru-gees?"
"The only reason why I know where Bruges is is because of that Colin Farrell movie." (And I'm pretty sure it's not because they've seen In Bruges, either)
"Oh my god, Stella Artois is Belgian, too! It's, like, my favorite beer!" Carly, that statement, and the girl whose mouth that statement came out of, would make you feel shame in calling Stella 'my lady.'

Now I don't feel quite so bad about noticeably rolling my eyes in class, every day.

ALSO: Things I've Learned From All Songs Considered: (well, really Only One Thing So Far)
  • Did you know: That Paste Magazine Sampler/ Ann Arbor's 107.1 standby Jesse Sykes is also a collaborator with Sunn O))) and Boris? I most certainly did not!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What is it like being such a superior being?